Thursday, February 19, 2009

Rehearsal

My wedding is 1 year, 1 month, and 1 day away. :) But that didn't stop the coordinator at our venue from sending me an email yesterday about the rehearsal dinner menu they offer! This got me thinking: our wedding is on a Saturday, but we can't hold a rehearsal on Friday evening (there might be another wedding at that time)—so do we have everyone come out to a noon rehearsal and have a rehearsal lunch? Have them hang tight until later in the evening and then have dinner? Hold the whole thing on Thursday evening?

Everyone works, so I am not sure that taking off the day on Friday will be an option for some people. On the other hand, a few are coming in from out of town, and if they have to come up on Thursday and back on Saturday (or worse, have to take off Friday anyway!), that might not work so well, either! What to do!

In any event, we won't be having the rehearsal dinner at the wedding location. There are so many great restaurants in the same part of town that are only very short drives from where the rehearsal will take place; why not go somewhere else and have some variety?

1 comment:

  1. I agree! I don't think I would want to hold my rehearsal dinner in the same space as the reception - it leaves little to surprise those rehearsal guests with on the special night.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation policy: I delete spam and comments in languages that I do not read.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin