Thursday, June 11, 2009

Moving in together

D and I just signed the lease on our first apartment together! It's small, it's old, it has no dishwasher(!) but I love it. It's in a great neighborhood in one of our favorite cities, close to our favorite restaurants, public transportation (that I would actually feel safe taking!) and D's work. We move in July 1, and I CANNOT WAIT.

(source)
Luckily, we have most of the stuff we need to survive there until the wedding (which will hopefully be accompanied by some registry gifts? :)—burned out pots and pans, mismatched dishes, torn-up sheets and nearly shredded towels (courtesy of an evil washer at my current apartment). We also have the furniture we need, except for a computer desk that we can share (which we're going to try to make ourselves using these directions). It's true that nothing will match (or even fit the space very well, necessarily), but I'm trying to think of it as a romantic poverty instead of just a style-less one. ;)

We do need to buy a refrigerator and a microwave, though. Commence online shopping!

1 comment:

  1. I am so behind my blog reading. Congrats on getting an apt together!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation policy: I delete spam and comments in languages that I do not read.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin