Wednesday, September 16, 2009

One more try

(source)
I have a meeting with another florist next week. Did I say I would do them myself? Yes. Do I now have a friend who is willing to practice with me and possibly help me on the necessary day? Yes. What I do not have is either of my parents agreeing that it's a good idea, even with all the potential for saving money, or a clear sense that there will be enough time in the days before the wedding to finish this project.

So I found this girl off of Craigslist, and her proposal is not much more than it would cost me to make them myself, given that I have to buy all of the materials and equipment in addition to the flowers. I'm going to have to ask her a few questions, like where she gets her flowers (if she gets them from the flower market, then it won't work out: I can't guarantee they'll have what I want when I want it) and how many weddings she's done in the past (I don't mind being a guinea pig, but reliability is important). AHHHH!!! So nervous. But I think this might be a good thing to get off my back.

1 comment:

  1. Hello - I stopped by yoru blog today and really like your rings (my fiancee and I are getting married in November, and our rings are also a bit different, too).

    But on to my reason for writing ... I created a Web site that's essentially online wedding planning software for brides, and I thought you might like to check it out and see if you would find it useful for planning your wedding. It's at http://www.MyWeddingWorkbook.com , and it's completely free (as well as much more comprehensive and better integrated than anything you'd find on sites like the Knot).

    I'd love it if you would check it out, let me know what you think, and if you like it, mentioning it on your blog or even including it in your list of useful Web sites.

    Just let me know, and thanks for your time,
    Jeff Kear
    jeff {at} myweddingworkbook {dot} com

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation policy: I delete spam and comments in languages that I do not read.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin