Saturday, November 14, 2009

Changing inspirations

I promised a story awhile back about our evolving color palette. Once we'd selected a date and venue, we settled on a palette of black, ivory and green.

Table-scape (source); bridesmaid dress (source); flowers (source, source); Manolos (source); cake (souce)

Then we decided to go a little crazy--how about olive green and eggplant purple? It sounded yummy, at least!

Invitation (source); bridal lengha (source); bridesmaid dresses (source, source); flowers (source); Jessica Simpsons (source)

Eventually I dropped the purple and added gold, but after I discovered amnesia roses, I added a little lavender back into the equation.

Invitations (source); Charles Davids (source); cake (source); bangles (source); wedding dress (source); bridesmaid dress (source); flowers (source)

Among the many, many reasons I am looking forward to finally being married to Mr. Spaniel, I count getting my photos and comparing them to my original inspirations. :)

Were you able to really commit to your colors? Or did your palette change over time?

5 comments:

  1. My palette has totally changed over time! It went from black, white, and process cyan to now, well, it's neutral gray/blacks with ... every color under the sun. It's turned into a technicolor wedding. No joke, but I think it'll be bananas awesome. :)

    I love seeing the change in your palette via your inspiration boards! I still have yet to make a *new* inspiration board for our technicolored dream boat. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the purple with the green, of course I am bias because my favorite color is purple but really it looks good! My colors have changed a tiny bit but have a feeling they will evolve to something different!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have already said this on weddingbee not sure! But I was thinking purple and green would be lovely colors if we didnt already have our blue and yellow, which I love! We're using lemons in the centerpieces and the bridesmaids are wearing blue...so excited to see it all turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying my best to stick with the colors I committed to (peacock blue, orange and silver) but I love the red and aqua combo. And plum, and brown. But now that the save-the-dates have been printed in peacock blue, orange and gray, I guess I'd better stick with it. Even my shoes are peacock blue and I just bought the BM dresses in the shimmery peacock blue. I guess I'm just unsure about silver as an accent...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Lauren: I can't wait to see how your colors turn out. ;) They sound fun!

    @NM Bride: Thank you! They are pretty awesome together ;)

    @D. Marie: Blue and yellow are also great. :) They would have been our summer colors, if we'd had a summer wedding!

    @Vera D.: My STDs don't match ANY of my wedding colors. :) I saw it as the one chance to go crazy! BTW, I love your colors! If you're not sure of silver as a peacock accent, I'd go with gold.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation policy: I delete spam and comments in languages that I do not read.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin