Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I'm putting a ring on it

I don't think I've told you yet about Mr. Spaniel's wedding ring, so gather round; it's story time!

Once upon a time, Mr. Spaniel was reluctant to go shopping for a wedding band. He'd gotten the idea somewhere that the only acceptable men's ring is a plain white band.

(source)

While I really like the simple, modern but also classic style of a platinum or white gold wedding band, it didn't strike me as being particularly Mr. Spaniel—which he confirmed by his lack of enthusiasm for it. Instead, I figured I knew Mr. Spaniel better than he knew himself, and dragged him along to another jewelry shop to get him to try on rings. I had a feeling that if we found the right one, he'd get excited about the prospect of wearing it, and doesn't everyone want their partner to be happy wearing their ring? I also had a feeling that the right ring would be two-toned.

(source)

As it turns out, we were both wrong! A plain platinum band actually never touched his finger (he had no interest at all once he saw all the other options), and he seemed to gravitate toward more "interesting" and complicated designs all on his own. But he didn't go two-tone...

personal photo

He threw some rose gold in there too and went three-tone.

That Mr. Spaniel. Such a diva.

Did your fiancé(e) have any preconceived notions about the wedding band? Did the choice surprise you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation policy: I delete spam and comments in languages that I do not read.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin