Friday, April 17, 2009

Deliciousness

I'm still learning to work with my freaking 19 points, but it turns out, with good planning, it's actually pretty manageable (but only for the very, very short term). I thought I'd post the "family" recipe that has helped me survive this ordeal, in case anyone else is in a similar boat of trying to lose *just a little bit* of weight while still eating healthy, whole foods. :) Try it; it's delicious!

(source)
Chana Masala
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cans garbanzo beans
2 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp garlic powder (or more!)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp red pepper
2/3 cup frozen green peas

Sauté onion in olive oil until brown. Add browned onion and all other ingredients except the peas into a large stockpot, along with two cans full of water, and cook covered on high heat for 20 minutes. Add peas and cook covered for 10 minutes or until water has mostly evaporated, leaving a thick, stewy consistency. Add water while cooking if the water is burning off too fast; cook longer if it burns off too slow. Makes 5 servings.

I usually eat this with white Basmati rice (cooked with cinnamon, bay leaves, cloves and onion!), but today I had half a serving of baked tortilla chips to stay within my points (which was fine, since I still got the potatoes). If you're as ridiculous as me and trying Weight Watchers, each serving is 4 points (without rice or chips). It's really filling, and super tasty. And did I mention that it's delicious?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation policy: I delete spam and comments in languages that I do not read.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin