Monday, May 18, 2009

Wedding hair

My hair is neither particularly long nor thick (in fact, it's mid-length and pretty thin-looking if I don't take a lot of effort with it). But for my wedding, I'm hoping for something kind of like this:


That's obviously not going to happen naturally: I'd need to get over a foot of length, and about double the volume of hair, in only a few months! So instead I'm starting to look into extensions.

I've heard enough people say that you shouldn't get extensions for your wedding day because "you won't look like yourself." I say, PHOOEY. I don't want to look like myself; I want to look better than myself! I would probably only want to add a few inches of length (mid-back is fine), but I think a bit of extra thickness would really make my hair look better. I'm sure it wouldn't be so big of a change that I wouldn't recognize myself in pictures later, and enough of one that I'd be really happy with the pictures if they are done well.

The problem is that I don't really know where to go for answers to my hair extension questions. I know that I want clip-ins (permanent extensions can cause a lot of damage, and I don't want to leave them in for more than a day anyway), but I'm not sure how important it is to have them dyed to my exact hair color (that costs a lot more), what quality to get, or where to get them from. And I definitely don't know how to style them!

Ugh, more research to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation policy: I delete spam and comments in languages that I do not read.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin