Sunday, July 26, 2009

Goodbye, youth

I had a terrible morning. I woke up feeling mopey and irrationally sad. Still, I got ready to meet the future in-laws for breakfast, as we do most Sunday mornings, brushed my hair, and noticed something... bright. Shiny. Unexpected. And TOTALLY DEVASTATING!

(source)

My first. Gray. Hair. (No, that's not me. I was too busy having a complete, tear-filled meltdown mourning the loss of my youth to take a picture of my own gray hair.)

It was about an inch and a half long, so I guess I'd managed not to notice it for about three months. Oh, sweet ignorance! It's much better not to realize that you are becoming the old geezer you always joke that you already are.

I'd better not get many more of those before March. Although I suppose that if I had to start dying my hair, it'd be much easier to get extensions to match!

1 comment:

  1. aw hon...it'll be ok. really. just pull those suckers out while they're still too few to color...cuz once you start to color. IT NEVER ENDS!!!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation policy: I delete spam and comments in languages that I do not read.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin