Wednesday, July 22, 2009

She said "shred," not "tear"

As the minutes progressed after my first shred, my muscles started to feel more tired... so I knew I needed some protein, stat! But on a hotter-than-Hades kind of night like tonight (MY GOD IT IS SO HOT IN THIS APARTMENT!), eating meat sounded more or less horrendous... so I went straight to the next-best protein source, beans. And because I love you all so much, I will share with you my fabulously modified (from somewhere... I can't for the life of me remember where) black bean pasta deliciousness. Seriously, it's SO good.

(personal image)
Ingredients
* 2 cups spiral pasta (try it with whole wheat!)
* 2 cups tomatoes, diced (I usually use Roma because they are the easiest to find in the supermarket, but use the juiciest you can find!)
* 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
* 1 green bell pepper, sliced
* ½ tsp grated lime peel
* ¼ tsp ground cumin
* Lime wedges (optional)
* Sour cream or grated parmesan cheese (optional)
* Cilantro leaves (optional)

First cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve a small amount of water (maybe 2 Tbsp?) and add to a large saucepan with the tomatoes. Boil tomatoes and pasta water, then mix in the pasta, beans, bell pepper, lime peel and cumin. Cook on low, covered, until hot (about three minutes). Garnish with lime, sour cream or parmesan, and cilantro if desired.

I have no idea of the nutritional information, but something this simple and colorful? Cannot be bad for you. :) D estimates the points at around 4 or 5 for Weight Watchers purposes. (This recipe makes about three servings, by the way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation policy: I delete spam and comments in languages that I do not read.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin