Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Am I shredded?

So I just finished level 1 of the Shred. Am I shredded? I don't know, but I sure am sweaty. Maybe some of it is the nearly 80 degree temperature (even in my air conditioned apartment), but I'm sure a lot of it is the jumping jack/jumping rope/punching/butt kicking I just finished. Even if it was only in two-minute intervals.

I might not be in as bad shape as I initially thought, because it didn't totally kick my ass. Still, my quads were shaking a little at the end, and my arms are definitely buzzing a bit now. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Anyway my muscles feel appropriately burned, even with only three-pound dumbbells (I was using ten pounds or more for most things before the great crap-out of 2009—i.e., the last two months), although I will have to have something heavier on-hand (really on hand! you can't stop between reps in a twenty-minute workout!) for the chest stuff in the future. And there will definitely be a future! Because a twenty-minute workout is going to be much easier to convince myself to do than a ninety-minute one.

I'll probably be too sore to do this tomorrow, but I'll definitely do it again on Friday. And then I'd like to make a point to do something back to four or five days a week. Woo! Back on track. Hopefully. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation policy: I delete spam and comments in languages that I do not read.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin