Thursday, September 3, 2009

What's my new obsession? I forgot

Haha, no; it's amnesia roses!

(source)

(source)

(source)

The upside is that they are beautiful, have some green petals, and purple was one of my originally-planned wedding colors (eggplant and olive: it could have been a tapenade!)—a plan that I still intend to tell you all about, when I get to it. The downside is that the wholesaler who carries both Green Tea and Sahara roses at about $1 per stem does not carry Amnesia roses, and to buy just 25 of them elsewhere is looking like it will cost another $100.

Clearly, something must be done. And that something is either falling in love with Jade or Supergreen roses instead of Green Tea ones (something I am reluctant to do because the color on both is too saturated for me since I want something in a muted green), which will allow me to get all three of my required varieties (Amnesia, Sahara, and some shade of green) for $1 per stem; OR (the more likely course) keep looking. It's not like I need 225 roses (or more) to create personals for myself and the wedding party, so I would like to spend less than $300 on roses if I can, and still get all the flowers I want.

Although now that I'm at DIYing my flowers, maybe I should start looking into doing my ceremony decorations on my own instead of hiring a florist (I'm already planning simple, non-floral centerpieces, so the florist is becoming less and less necessary). I know I can't get florals up onto the large wooden structure over the altar on my own, but maybe I can decorate the aisles and chairs, and forget the altar? Hm. I will let you know what I come up with.

By the way, can I mention how excited I am right now?! I scrapped a lot of DIY projects because I thought the wedding would be too big with too many guests, and I am just SO EXCITED to find new things I can attempt! It's been a long time since I exercised my inner artiste, and I can't wait to see what I can still do. :) Or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation policy: I delete spam and comments in languages that I do not read.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin