Friday, November 6, 2009

Processing the processional (music), Part II: Getting traditional

Previously:
Part I

Some of our musical choices may be a bit offbeat, but with the seating of the mothers and the bridesmaids' processional, we'll be showing our traditional sides (would that be the right, or the left? Ha!).

Seating of the mothers: Prelude from Bach's Cello Suite No. 1

Obviously we won't need the Vitamin String Quartet to cover this one, but I love this music and I think our mothers would prefer something a little more classical and traditional to accompany them down the aisle.

Bridesmaids' processional: Canon in D

Is this played at every wedding? Yes. Is the reason for that because it's completely beautiful? Yes! :) I first heard this piece when I was three years old at a dance recital (I was quite the little ballerina, if by "quite the little ballerina," I actually mean I was hopping around the stage completely missing cues, just like all the other three-year-olds on the stage). The seventh-graders, one of whom was my babysitter at the time, were performing to Canon in D, and I just thought they were so glamorous and I've loved it ever since. And the first time I heard it at a wedding, I was convinced I'd walk down the aisle to Pachelbel's Canon. As it turns out, I won't—but five women at my wedding will!

As for the song that I will walk down the aisle to... you'll just have to wait for that one. :)

What style of music did you choose for your ceremony? Did you go classical or contemporary? Or a mix of both?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation policy: I delete spam and comments in languages that I do not read.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin