Thursday, February 26, 2009

Oldie but goodie

So I don't know if this strictly fits into my diet, but today for lunch I made my FAMOUS (or infamous) peanut butter chicken. You have to try this dish: it is way better than it sounds AND looks.

2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
1 cup chicken broth
3 Tbsp peanut butter (I like crunchy, honey roasted)
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp lemon pepper

Mix the broth, peanut butter, soy sauce and lemon pepper in a bowl and set aside. Stir fry the chicken for 4-6 minutes or just before it's cooked through; add the bell peppers and stir fry for another minute or two. Add the broth/peanut butter mixture and heat on low for another half minute. Serve hot over rice. Makes four servings.

It is delicious. I figured this one out in college, and it was the first dish I ever made myself where I completely cleaned my plate (like, I nearly licked up any leftover sauce). So good. You can also do it with beef (use beef broth), and make it vegetarian by using vegetable broth and either tofu or green veggies (or both!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation policy: I delete spam and comments in languages that I do not read.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin