Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dress 2 accessories

Yes, I am still undecided on the dress. But I've decided that, if I go with Dress 2, I'll be going with the ivory/gold combination, and mixed metal jewelry to make sure I match both the dress and my ring, and that I don't spend a lot of money on strictly yellow gold jewelry that I won't ever wear again!

Earrings
14K Gold Filigree Chandelier Earring from Europa Jewelers
$219.75$109.75$234.75

I think gold chandelier earrings will be what I end up with, since they should nicely reflect the lace pattern on the dress, the semi-South Asian look I'm going for (Indian and Pakistani bridal jewelry certainly inspired this trend!), and I just think they look prettier in gold than in silver. ;) I did find the two-tone earrings, which is great in case I decide I want to go that route, but I actually like the pair in the middle (the cheapest ones! HOORAY!) the most.

Bracelets
Amrita Singh India Bangle Set (of 36), $38 each at Gilt Groupe ($90 retail)

I actually just bought these from the Gilt Groupe yesterday, with the plan of mixing and matching a few from each set on each wrist. Hopefully they'll work out!

Shoes
Charles by Charles David 'Chill' Sandal, $134.95 at NordstromSergio Rossi 'Prisca' Slingback Sandal, $495 at NordstromJimmy Choo 'Claret' Sandal,
$524 at BlueFly

Unfortunately, none of these shoes are available in my size (and at least two of them are way too expensive). But they do reflect what I want, quite accurately: gold, strappy, and with a high heel (approximately 4 to 4½ inches). At least I know what I'm looking for now.

I do have a pair of shoes at home already (FREE WEDDING SHOES!!) that might work with the dress... I haven't taken a picture of them yet but they are olive green with gold threading, super strappy, and have gold, cream, and green-colored embroidery on the top strap (they are sort of like T-strap sandals). The heel is a little on the short side (maybe 3 inches?), but I could live with that if it's a shoe I don't have to pay for... if I ultimately like them with the dress. My bigger concern than the heel height is comfort... I've never worn them for more than a short evening out and I'm not sure they'd be functional for dancing all night. I'd better test them out first!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation policy: I delete spam and comments in languages that I do not read.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin