Monday, August 17, 2009

A few more dresses to try (Wedding look 11)

I never thought I liked corset backs much, but when I went dress shopping with BM5 in June I realized that they can sometimes make for the most attractive fits. So I've decided to add a few more dresses into the mix when I go in for what I hope is the last time before the fittings this Saturday. Here is one of them.

Dress: Maggie Sottero Kameryn, $1,000. Veil: Fingertip Length Veil, 1 Tier, Plain with Pencil Edge, $49 from David's Bridal (or something borrowed from my mom!). Jewelry: Ben-Amun Gold Filigree Drop Chandelier Earrings, $63 at BlueFly; Amrita Singh India Bangle Set (of 36), silver and gold, $38 each at Gilt Groupe. Bridesmaid Dresses: Dessy Bridesmaid styles 2509 and 2053 in ivory satin and black lace. Shoes: Express yellow leather evening shoes, $39.99 from Nine West.

If I got this dress, I'd be getting the champagne and ivory over light gold color, even though D has repeatedly requested white. Oops! I just like a little more color saturation, and I'm sure he'll think I'm beautiful anyway. :) The bridesmaid dresses are definites, because I just sent all of the information to my bridesmaids last night(!) and they'll be ordered early next month. And the shoes and the jewelry? Well, I already have all three pieces, and I ordered them all specifically for the wedding (and specifically for this dress), but I think they would work with this dress, too (although not as well... but they are all perfect with the henna I'd like to do so maybe that will tie it all together). Really, I like the Allure Bridals dress better... but this one might look nicer on. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation policy: I delete spam and comments in languages that I do not read.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin